I guess this is kind of a bittersweet moment for us. After lots of hemming and hawing about it, Bria and I finally decided it would be best to cut her hair. (The child has NEVER had a haircut, ever, ever.) She has the most amazing, gorgeous, golden curly hair. Awesome. Sort of.
It got horribly tangled and knotted all the time, and we tried different shampoos, conditioners, sprays, and brushes. Along comes baby brother, and he was always grabbing it and yanking on it. We were literally 'tearing our hair out' over it. Neither Bria or myself had the energy to brush and braid it each and every night, and if we didn't, we regretted it the next morning.
SO.....after her bath last night, we got the supplies and the camera. Luke serenaded us with the song from the movie 'Tangled', which caused Bria to burst into tears at first. (She really did want to do this, but she got cold feet at the very end.) We assured her that, when she was a teenager and WANTED to spend hours taking care of her curls, she could grow them as long as she'd like.
Before....
After...
I cut it a little shorter in the back and longer in the front, both to look like Mommy's hair, and to look a little longer without it being so difficult to brush and care for. In the end, she loved it! She told us how much fun it is to have short hair, and I anticipate how much fun I'll be having when I do not have to make her cry while brushing out her tangles.
No comments:
Post a Comment