I recently saw a blogger outline the story of how she met her husband and fell in love. I fell in love too, with this idea! I love to write down the little "stories" of our lives, usually big milestones and happenings, sometimes the scary stuff, mostly the happy stuff. Thinking about how Luke and I met and fell in love is something I never get much time to do, but it IS kind of a big deal, when you think about it. OUR story is the start of something bigger, that eventually led to a little blonde-haired girl, and later on a chubby, round-eyed boy, who both have not gotten a whole lot written in their life stories, but they are working on it. That first love between Luke and I started lots more chapters in our lives and will lead to more and more stories that will continue even after we're gone. I get tingly thinking about my great-great grandkids getting to read our "old-fashioned" love story and finding something to smile about. (This will later be printed out and saved away in a scrapbook...I mistrust computers and their ability to save something for a long time.)
Since I only get the time to write during naps, I'll break this up into parts, and hopefully, remembering this sweet story will keep me coming back to write it out, and I know for sure that I'll be feeling sappy and huggy-kissy on Mr. Luca quite a bit over the next few days. And when I can, I will insert Luke's side of the story. I find that part hilarious, since it is a side of the world I never saw. :)
~Part One: Grand Entrance
I was in my second semester at a community college; not exactly sure what I wanted to be doing there, but I loved books and being around people, so I was going with the flow and enjoying it. One of my class-buddies and I were taking a few of the same core classes, so when I started my first day back after Christmas break I was not too nervous. It is always nice to know you have a familiar face in a new class.
This particular classmate, (in hindsight) actually had quite a thing for my future Mr., but I didn't really recognize it. She had spoken to me about him often: very funny, smart, he said this, he said that. That sort of thing.
The day I met future Mr., I got lost on my way to class. I think I showed up too early, wandered away, and came back after class had already started.
Mr.'s side of the story: "There was a really pretty girl walking through the hall. I was hoping she would be in my class and got bummed when she walked away."
About 5 minutes late, I am back in the right hallway, and my friend comes out into the hall to beckon me to the classroom. I follow her in, super nervous to be so late on the first day, and in my haste, I BANG the door way too loudly, which caused everyone to look at me. (Ugh....as if being late was not bad enough!) I know I was bright red.
Mr.'s side: "BANG! The door slammed open, and there she was! Ha! It's going to be a good day!"
I made it through the class, (history, not my favorite), sitting next to my friend. After class we are walking away and laughing, (some) about what an idiot I was about getting lost and making such a stupid entrance. We are in a group of a few people, all friends that my buddy knew. She introduced me to each one, and on the end farthest from me, is a guy. She says, "Bethany, this is Luke."
He says....."Hi..."
Being separated by about 5 people, I am only able to peer around and say "Hi" back. As I peer over, I see a set of the greenest, most handsome eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment